Every month I get together with some other ladies for game night. This was the month I decided would be different.
This group of women are just like me-> all teachers- same age (for the most part)-same educational background.
But somehow I still feel intimidated. I tend to think crappy thoughts like:
- I’m not as pretty as this person.
- I’m not as wealthy as this person.
- Will I say the wrong thing?
But dad gum it! I am so tired of thinking that crap.
Seriously-who really cares.
I am human just like anyone else.
I have compassion and empathy just like most people.
I want to feel connected just like most people.
But when I am thinking crap like that:
- I’m not connecting with other people.
- I’m not being compassionate with myself.
- Of course I won’t say the wrong thing because when I’m worried about crap like that, I’m not engaging in any conversation. I’m nodding my head thinking when will this be over so I can go home.
Thank goodness that Kristi said enough of this crap!
→ I was FREE!
I had more fun that night than I’ve had in a while. I spoke freely to everyone. I complimented the beautiful new haircut of a woman I highly admire. I genuinely showed up as myself rather than being worried about not measuring up.
And I openly and freely talked about my business because → clearly coaching has been the best investment I have made for myself.
I wish these same blessings for you.
When you let go of worrying that you don’t measure up, you are completely free to show up-just as you.
“Today you are you. That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!”